Telwater will now be offering an additional 2 year bonus warranty after the existing 3year Telwater warranty expires. This provides the end consumer with a total of 5 years factory backed warranty on any new boat purchases.
Telwater will now provide an additional 2 year structural warranty on the boat and trailer (including labour.)
What is eligible?
- All new Telwater Boat and Trailer packages
- Boat only purchases.
Standalone trailer orders are exempt from this bonus warranty.
This warranty covers failures caused by defect in material or factory workmanship.
The 2 year warranty extension will terminate upon failure to meet any of the Warranty Conditions.
Warranty Conditions to attain extended Warranty:
- 20 hour / 3month inspection, followed by annual inspections up to year 5 from purchase date must be performed and documented online with Telwater by an approved Telwater dealer.
- If the boat has been inspected at these intervals since purchase date it is eligible for the extended structural warranty.
- Customers must log services in the Telwater owner’s manual and retain all invoices for their records.
- Dealer must log service details online with Telwater.
- Warranty coverage becomes available upon registration of the product online with Telwater.
It is a requirement to register every new boat within 10 calendar days from the date of delivery to the customer, Failure to do will jeopardize your Telwater dealer agreement and most importantly engage your liability in the event of an accident related to a safety recall not performed. All registrations must reflect:
- the true date of delivery of the unit to the retail customer
- the model and serial number
- the name and the complete address of the customer, including phone number
- It is the dealer/distributor’s obligation to identify and explain the conditions of the 3 + 2 warranty program.
Warranty Period Coverage:
Provided that the extension Warranty Conditions have been met the additional 2 Year warranty coverage will commence once the product’s standard limited warranty period (3 years) has expired. The total duration of the coverage will be five (5) years. Unexpired warranty coverage can be transferred to a subsequent purchaser upon proper re-registration of the product with Telwater online.
Any Products that have been modified or altered from their original production configuration may be excluded from any Telwater warranty coverage. The addition of, or replacement with, parts or accessories not approved by Telwater, or not installed by an Authorised Telwater dealer, may be cause for your 3 + 2 Telwater warranty to be void. This will also be applicable to your standard 3 year warranty.
What’s involved in the inspection to receive your 2 year bonus warranty?
In addition to the annual service points outlined in the Telwater Owner’s Manual
/site/DefaultSite/filesystem/documents/PDF owners manual/18955_Telwater_OwnerManualUpdate_0718_AW.pdf
The inspections below are required annually through to year 5 to attain the additional warranty:
- Bottom sheet inspection looking for any damage or distortion
- Lift the carpeted floor to inspect for foreign debris (zinc sinkers etc) and inspect condition of bottom sheet support ribs and welds.
- Inspect underfloor foam condition
- Inspect for any hull leaks
- Inspect condition of the fuel tank and its supports.
For more information please refer to the Telwater website www.telwater.com